By the time it opened in 1903, the Williamsburg Bridge had its name. The postcard, stamped 1912, must predate it—hence the East River Bridge moniker.
We must be looking toward Brooklyn; that appears to be the domed Williamsburgh Savings Bank building far off in the distance, with a couple of lonely tenements huddled by the waterfront on the Manhattan side.
The postcard carries this message, to an address in Massachusetts:
“152 South Eighth Street, Brooklyn NY—Dear Bennie, today is the first day of spring. Snowing all day here. Pa.”